How To Lower Chlorine In Salt Water Pool – hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) – Product Information
- Product Dimensions : 1 x 3 x 5.8 inches
- Item Weight : 2.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight : 2.4 ounces
3 Technique HTH Test Set Refill, For Bleach, Bromine and PH Screening, Carded.
hth Test & Balance
Testing and balancing your pool helps you achieve clear, balanced water which enhances swimmer comfort and sanitizer efficiency. Test your pool water every week to maintain ideal levels.
Application instructions: Total Chlorine Test (Target is 2-4 ppm, spas higher.)
1. Rinse and fill chlorine (Cl) cell to mark with water to be tested.
2. Add 5 drops OTO. Cap and invert to mix.
3. Match color in cell with a sanitizer color standard. Record as parts per million (ppm) total chlorine.
Total Bromine Test (Target is 4-6 ppm.)
1. Rinse and fill bromine (Br) cell to mark with water to be tested.
2. Add 5 drops OTO. Cap and invert to mix.
3. Match color in cell with a sanitizer color standard. Record as parts per million (ppm) total bromine. pH Test (Target is 7.2-7.8 pH units.)
1. Rinse and fill pH cell to mark with water to be tested.
2. Add 5 drops PHENOL RED. Cap and invert to mix.
3. Match color in cell with a pH color standard. Record as pH units. If sample color is between two values, pH is average of the two.
Test Your Water
How often you should test and balance your pool can vary based on how often you use it and a number of other variables, but it’s important to remember that, for chlorine and pH, you should usually test your pool two to three times a week. That may sound like a lot, but water balance is vital for your pool’s health and the health of the people who swim in it. When your pool is out of balance, your sanitizers can be less effective, the water can cause irritation to the skin and eyes, and if the water gets imbalanced enough, it can even damage the pool’s surfaces, structure, or equipment.
In ideal circumstances, shocking your pool just once a week will keep it looking clean and clear, but any heavy rainfall, signs of algae, use by lots of swimmers, or periods of very sunny weather can deplete free chlorine levels, which means an extra dose of hth Shock is needed.Sundown is optimum time to shock your pool because the chlorine can work without fighting the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has more time to restore water clarity.
hth Test to Swim App
The hth (r) Test to Swim (r) water testing app is essential to spending more time splashing and less time guessing! Our mission is to simplify water testing by providing accurate and convenient water analysis treatment and recommendations in the palm of your hand.
-Easily input your water results.
-See immediate analysis of your water.
-Get list of items needing immediate attention.
-Step by step treatment recommendations and dosing instructions for balancing your pool.
-Auto-save historical water test information for easy comparison.
-Liquid testing option.
-Build pool profile with pool size calculator.
-Online retailer links for recommended products.
-How-to videos on everything from basic pool maintenance to specific pool problems.
• Easy to use
• Tests for chlorine, pH, and alkalinity
• Comes with enough reagents for 50 tests
• Can be used with both fresh and salt water
• Some users find the color chart difficult to read
• The kit does not come with a test strip holder
• Reagents may settle during shipping
1. The hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) is a great way to test the quality of your pool water.
2. The kit includes everything you need to test your pool water for pH, chlorine, and total alkalinity.
3. The hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) is easy to use and gives accurate results.
4. The hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) is a great value for the price.
1. Add water to the pool: Using a hose, fill the pool with water until it reaches the desired level.
2. Test the pH and chlorine levels: Using the hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172), test the pH and chlorine levels in the water.
3. Add hth pool chemicals: Based on the results of the test, add the necessary hth pool chemicals to the water.
I want to share my experience with the hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit. I was buying test strips from the pool store, but they were expensive and I had to use two of them for each test. I found that this kit costs a little more up front, but it saves me a lot of money in the long run.
This is a great test kit for pools. I use it to monitor my pool and make sure the chlorine and pH balance are where they need to be. If you have a pool, this is a must have.
I’ve had this kit for about a year now. I really like it because it has everything I need to test my pool water. It is accurate and easy to use.
The hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) includes an easy-to-read color chart, test block, sample bottle, and instructions for testing pH, total alkalinity, and chlorine levels in your pool water.
It is recommended to use the hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) at least once a week to ensure that your pool water remains safe and crystal clear.
When the color chart or test block on the hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) starts to fade or become discolored, it's time to replace the kit with a new one.
No, the hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) only includes the easy-to-read color chart, test block, sample bottle, and instructions for testing.
First, fill the sample bottle with pool water and add the test block or drops from the color chart. Then compare the color of the pool water to the color chart included in the hth Pool Refill 3-Way Test Kit (1172) to determine the pH, Total Alkalinity, and Chlorine levels in your pool water.